Rufus Peabody, ESPN’s predictive analytics expert who makes his living investing in the sports markets, joins me on the Football Analytics Show to discuss the NFL playoffs. He’s also half of the excellent Massey-Peabody rankings and predictions for football.
Among other things, we discuss the following.
- The balance between a quantitative model and subjective adjustments
- The one factor for Massey-Peabody that tips the balance against the spread in Green Bay at Atlanta
- The new results on home field advantage that impacts the NFC title game
- How our models differ on New England’s pass defense
- Rufus’s book recommendation for those interested in randomness
- The perils of small sample size in sports
You’ll find Rufus incredibly humble for someone who has had his success in sports analytics, and I’m lucky to consider him a friend.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen on the site, click on the play button.
Leave a Reply