On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Matt Waldman, creator of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio (RSP). Matt uses film study to evaluate hundreds of skill position players headed from college to the NFL.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- How Dak Prescott made Matt improve his process for RSP (3:46)
- The year long process for producing RSP (12:22)
- How to define the It factor for football players (24:08)
- Winning versus skill development and Drew Lock (33:00)
- Why Matt is off consensus on QB Malik Willis (46:26)
- The relationship between football and improvisational music (58:00)
This was an amazing conversation that took many unexpected turns from my perspective. To listen here, click on the triangle that points to the right.