On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Dr. Eric Eager, the Executive Director of Research and Development at Pro Football Focus. Among other topics, we discuss:
- How PFF uses grades for the betting markets (3:06)
- How PFF grades deal with cornerbacks (7:08)
- The most important research PFF did this off season (10:48)
- The insights from the PFF QB Annual, and two QBs to fade based on this data (15:56)
- A bold prediction for the NFL in 2020 (36:02)
We also broke down a number of NFL teams:
- San Francisco and fragility (23:09)
- Kansas City and why not to go against them (27:52)
- Green Bay and Minnesota based on week 1 (30:08)
- Los Angeles Rams and the defense (31:58)
- Philadelphia (33:20)
- Tennessee (36:02)
- Pittsburgh (38:10)
Dr. Eager is a superstar in combining data and watching football, and you’ll get a ton out of his insights during this episode.
To listen, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.
The Football Analytics Show is also available on Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts.