On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Mike Goodman, Senior Soccer Editor at CBS and co-host of the Double Pivot podcast.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- A primer on expected goals, or xG (3:04)
- The impact of offsides and own goals on xG (10:10)
- The frontiers of soccer analytics (15:14)
- Which style of play works best on the international level (18:03)
- Belgium (24:35)
- Italy (29:40)
- Spain (33:25)
- England (39:40)
- A surprise team to win Euro (45:00)
- USMNT (47:08)
Mike is a soccer analytics expert and does an amazing job explaining the concepts.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Spotify, click here.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.