On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by JJ Zachariason of FanDuel. He’s an expert at season long fantasy football, as he runs the numbers and produces content based on the analysis.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- How he builds his models from team to players, and how this combines science and art (2:50)
- Whether Lamar Jackson broke his strategy of drafting a QB in late rounds (10:51)
- How to identify break out fantasy football stars (21:09)
- Tips for your fantasy draft based on analytics (25:39)
- With the rise of daily fantasy and sports betting, why JJ continues to focus on season long fantasy (30:36)
JJ does fantastic work, and I think you’ll enjoy this conversation whether you play season long fantasy football or not.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.
The Football Analytics Show is also available on Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.