On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, Dan Frabrizio, the founder of Sports Insights, joins me to talk sports analytics and betting. Sports Insights provides a wide range of market analytics and betting picks.
Among other topics, we discuss the following:
- Why Dan decided to start Sports Insights back in the internet dark ages of 1999
- Why Sports Insights shows a long term record of picks instead of touting a recent hot streak
- Whether recency bias still exists in the betting markets
- How Dan views the injury to Packers QB Aaron Rodgers
- What type of content to expect from Sports Insights after their acquisition by The Chernin Group
Dan also had an amazing choice for the person with whom he’d most like to have dinner.
After the interview, I discuss the randomness of explosive plays, and how this impacts Michigan at Penn State this weekend. Listen at 37:50.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.