On this episode of the Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Keith Goldner, Chief Analyst at numberFire and Director of Analytics at FanDuel. He was also one of Forbes 30 under 30 for young innovators in sports.
On the show, we discuss the following:
- How Keith broke into the sports world by watching a lot of video
- The basics behind expected points in evaluating football players and teams
- The numberFire predictions for the Super Bowl between New England and Atlanta
- How two models can differ on Atlanta’s pass defense
- Keith’s perspective on the surprising success of his alma mater Northwestern in basketball
We also have some fun at the end with Keith’s favorite book, meal, etc.
To listen to the show on iTunes, click here.
To listen on the site, click play.
The guests have been fantastic during the playoffs. Great job.
Dr. Ed Feng says