On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I talk with Colin Davy, a data scientist at Facebook that runs his own, proprietary golf model. He has also won Jeopardy and the Sloan Sports Analytics Conference Hackathon twice.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- How his golf model depends on Markov chains, and he incorporates the course and age in his predictions (6:03)
- Why Colin chooses not to use Shot Link data in his model (13:32)
- How much the course at Augusta matters (19:43)
- Colin’s surprising favorite to win the 2021 Masters (23:25)
- The other markets that Colin likes (24:43)
- Colin’s unique approach to becoming a Jeopardy champion (28:51)
The Jeopardy story is one of my favorites in all time of data science. Check out his full write up here.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To download the mp3 file, click here.