On this episode of the Football Analytics Show, I welcome Gill Alexander, host of A Numbers Game on the new Vegas Stats and Information Network (VSIN). Gill has also excelled at baseball handicapping and as the host of the Beating the Book podcast.
On the show, we discuss the following:
- The book that inspired Gill to leave a successful career as a music personality and get into sports.
- The “elementary” sabermetrics idea that used to lead to value in the markets.
- The real, non-betting reason behind why he loves doing the Beating the Book podcast.
- How Gill, as a life long Redskins fan, would deal with Kirk Cousins.
- The non-book work of art that both Gill and I obsess over.
Gill is one of the truly good guys in the sports analytics world, and I hope you enjoy this wide ranging conversation.
To listen to the show on iTunes, click here.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle: