On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Spanky, professional sports bettor and host of the Bet Bash conference. Among other topics, we discuss:
- The top down approach to sports betting (2:28)
- Closing line value and how it changes during the NFL season (5:58)
- Why Caesars had Rams -3.5 the week of the Super Bowl against the Bengals (13:00)
- Whether CLV mattered in the NFL during the 2021 season (18:51)
- Sports books and sharp bettors (21:20)
- Why William Hill has changed (29:59)
- A day in the life of a professional sports bettors (31:57)
- Flipping a whale (36:50)
- Bet Bash (40:40)
- Starting new projects like his podcast Be Better Bettors (53:49)
I’ll be at Bet Bash, and I highly recommend you come as well.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
This episode of The Football Analytics Show is also available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.