Matt Waldman, creator of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio and senior writer for Football Guys, joins the show for a wide ranging conversation. Highlights include:
- The wildly overrated 1st round QB in the 2023 NFL draft (11:38)
- Baker Mayfield (17:50)
- The QB that might seem overrated but isn’t (21:10)
- Anthony Richardson’s development (28:57)
- How NFL players develop skills (35:25)
- The difference between college and the NFL (39:40)
- Talent vs hard work (42:16)
- Mental aspect of playing wide receiver, Kenny Golladay, Gabriel Davis (52:36)
This is one of my favorite conversations every year. I highly recommend purchasing a copy of the 2023 Rookie Scouting Portfolio.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
This episode of The Football Analytics Show is also available on:
Support the podcast on Patreon and get a premium episode every month.