On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Kostya Medvedovsky, creator the DARKO NBA player projections. Among other topics, we discuss:
- How a lawyer created one of the most well respected NBA player predictions (3:22)
- From a lawyer who uses Python to a new career (11:34)
- Kalman filtering for basketball (20:00)
- Machine learning and Brandon Ingram (24:50)
- Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and predicting three point percentage (32:30)
- Plus minus for NBA players and Tim Duncan (39:03)
- NBA spreads (49:55)
I really enjoyed talking with Kostya about his methods, and I hope you get the same value out of this conversation.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
This episode of The Football Analytics Show is also available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
Leave a Reply