On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Matt Metcalf, the sports book director at Circa Sports. Among other topics, we discuss:
- Matt’s key to setting the market as a bookmaker (12:55)
- How he changes his college football ratings each week (23:30)
- Booking the NFL (33:20)
- The decision to work at Circa (39:47)
- Why Circa takes sharp action (45:47)
- The one thing he would change in the sports betting industry (54:03)
This was a fantastic conversation on so many aspects of sports betting. To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
This episode of The Football Analytics Show is also available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
mike cobb says
Just randomly curious, Ed, how your NCAA brackets went this season. I understand single years are not representative of anything, just honestly curious, that’s all. From a marketing perspective, it might be worth considering being even more transparent about what you do/don’t do, even sharing more with non paying audiences. Much like Dr. Bob’s model. Or not!
Dr. Ed Feng says
The predictions had a rough year, as all the metrics and basketball common sense pointed towards Gonzaga as the favorite. I do plan to show more results in the lead up to the 2023 tournament.