On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Dr. Eric Eager, Head of Research, Development and Strategy at PFF, to talk about betting the NFL draft. Among other topics, we discuss:
- The betting opportunities that the NFL draft presents (5:00)
- The mistake not to make in betting the draft (13:45)
- The importance of interior run defenders in the NFL (22:01)
- The PFF mock draft based on markets (25:15)
- Jacksonville (26:27)
- Detroit (31:21)
- Houston (35:55)
- A few NFL draft bets Eric has made (39:50)
- NFL free agency moves (43:54)
- The most intriguing team over the next few years (48:35)
Dr. Eager is also an awesome guest, and this episode was no exception. To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
This episode of The Football Analytics Show is also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
[…] players selected in the 1st round – Dr. Eric Eager of PFF made an appearance on The Football Analytics Show podcast to talk about betting the NFL draft. While Dr. Eager has a Ph.D. in applied math, he takes […]