On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Ken Pomeroy, college basketball analytics guru. Among other topics, we discuss:
- How long he keeps his preseason prior in his college basketball rankings (3:52)
- How Ken would pick teams for the NCAA tournament (12:17)
- How his methods have changed over 20 years (17:36)
- Home court advantage (19:23)
- Gonzaga (26:31)
- Kentucky (33:05)
- Baylor (35:28)
- Arizona and the preseason AP poll (37:39)
- Duke (41:09)
- Curling, golf and weather (45:31)
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
This episode of The Football Analytics Show is also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
If you have any interest in college basketball but don’t have a subscription to kenpom.com, you are doing it wrong. I use mine all the time in preparing for March Madness.
[…] On an episode of The Football Analytics Show, Ken Pomeroy broke down the top 5 teams in his college basketball rankings. […]