On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by college basketball betting legend Alan Boston. I first learned about Alan in the book The Odds by Chad Millman.
Among other topics, we get into:
- Why Alan thinks his first college football ratings were wrong, and why I disagree (8:03)
- The contents of the 3 ring binder Alan uses to track every college basketball team (15:07)
- Arizona (17:29)
- Why Alan doesn’t care about closing line value (19:32)
- Whether he watches games (24:50)
- The key to his college basketball betting (26:55)
- Determining home court advantage without analytics (35:31)
- Gonzaga (43:38)
- Baylor (49:24)
- A surprise team to win the tournament (53:45)
This is a must listen interview. To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
This episode of The Football Analytics Show is also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Ray G says
Another great one here. One thing you will always get out of Red is “if im still doing this next year” lol. One of the truly great handicappers to ever do it makes a solid point about not copying others. Develop your ratings, hone them, have a plan but be light on your feet. I look back at some of my ratings and how i came up with them from decades ago and laugh, but its what led me to where i am today, which is a good place. Ed Feng is smashing it with guests like the incomparable @beatingthebook and @bostonred88. Thank you sir!!!