On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by college basketball betting legend Alan Boston. I first learned about Alan in the book The Odds by Chad Millman.
Among other topics, we get into:
- Why Alan thinks his first college football ratings were wrong, and why I disagree (8:03)
- The contents of the 3 ring binder Alan uses to track every college basketball team (15:07)
- Arizona (17:29)
- Why Alan doesn’t care about closing line value (19:32)
- Whether he watches games (24:50)
- The key to his college basketball betting (26:55)
- Determining home court advantage without analytics (35:31)
- Gonzaga (43:38)
- Baylor (49:24)
- A surprise team to win the tournament (53:45)
This is a must listen interview. To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.