On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Dr. Ben Baldwin, who received his PhD in Economics from UCSD. He’s a football analytics expert that writes about the Seattle Seahawks for The Athletic.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- The background behind his site rbsdm.com (3:31)
- The most useful aspect of rbsdm.com for bettors (8:54)
- How dropped passes affect QB statistics (13:21)
- Whether Seattle will let Russ cook in 2021 (18:13)
- Rams, Niners and Cardinals (25:55)
- Ben’s surprise prediction for 2021 (37:19)
- nflfastR service for scraping NFL play by play (38:22)
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Apple Podcast, click here.
To listen on Spotify, click here.