On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Matt Waldman, the creator of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio (RSP). Matt spends all year watching tape on college skill players to project their NFL performance.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- The insane devotion he had in starting the RSP (14:55)
- How the RSP evolved into Matt’s full time work (20:19)
- How to evaluate a quarterback (21:44)
- Who Matt would pick with the 3rd overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft (32:33)
- Pocket presence, both scouting and analytics (35:36)
- The surprising QB ahead of Zach Wilson (41:48)
- Matt’s best and worst predictions (47:52)
- Two amazing stories about the readership of the RSP (51:33)
I highly recommend purchasing the Rookie Scouting Portfolio, which you can do here.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To download the mp3, click here.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.