On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Drew Dinsick, an NFL bettor who uses his background in earthquake engineering to beat the markets. He goes by Whale Capper on Twitter and hosts the Deep Dive Betting Podcast.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- How his model based on earthquake engineering works (5:20)
- How the data inputs into his model have changed over the years (10:15)
- Turnovers, EPA/play and regression (14:40)
- Tampa Bay at Green Bay (20:50)
- Buffalo at Kansas City (28:53)
- Mole and Mexico City (40:01)
- Rocket science (42:35)
While he has top notch technical chops, Drew can also break down football with the best of them, and it comes through in his analysis of the two games.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.