On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Professor Edward Egros of SMU. He works at the intersection of sports analytics and journalism.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- How his college football models have changed this year by adding EPA, or Expected Points Added, per play (2:46)
- How Edward’s NFL model differs from college, and how NFL Next Gen Stats plays a role (8:47)
- Alabama vs Notre Dame (19:24)
- Clemson vs Ohio State (24:55)
- Can Dallas win the NFC East? (32:50)
- Edward’s bold prediction for the NFL playoffs (41:33)
Edward talked about the resource cfb-graphs.com to which he contributes.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.
Leave a Reply