On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, John Sheeran, the Director of Trading at FanDuel Sportsbook, joins me to talk about analytics and betting. Among other topics, we discuss:
- how bookmakers need to keep their edge (7:07)
- bets on which it’s difficult for sportsbooks to have high limits (9:22)
- how John uses analytics to set the market (11:20)
- NFL totals (18:32)
- why FanDuel takes a stand against market consensus (21:11)
- the 2018 Super Bowl as an example of going against consensus (25:14)
- how to deal with teams in free fall like the Jets and Michigan (28:56)
- Los Angeles Rams at Tampa Bay on Monday night (35:18)
- the US presidential betting markets (38:26)
I always enjoy talking with bookmakers, and I think you’ll really enjoy this conversation.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle:
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.
Leave a Reply