On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Bill Connelly of ESPN, a man who needs no introduction in the world of college football analytics.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- How his SP+ rating work (1:58)
- Why computer models like SP+ and The Power Rank are doing so well in 2020 (7:47)
- The college football playoff picture (12:58)
- The upside of Georgia (16:20)
- Are Oklahoma’s struggles real or small sample size? (19:22)
- Mike Leach and the Air Raid in the SEC (22:33)
- Can anyone dethrone Ohio State in the Big Ten? (25:45)
At the end, we talked soccer, Bundesliga and the USMNT (34:01).
To check out links to all of Bill’s writing, click here.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.