On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Josh Hermsmeyer of FiveThirtyEight. Josh is a leader in using data to analyze the NFL.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- Why Josh doesn’t think of himself as a data scientist, and I why I disagree (2:08)
- His study of receiver separation, and what this says about DeAndre Hopkins (5:05, summary of this segment at 12:29)
- Josh Allen and whether he’ll continue his remarkable season (13:28)
- Does Drew Brees’s weak arm matter? (17:46)
- His biggest surprise, and how this relates to play action (21:08)
- His bold prediction, which really surprised me (27:24)
Given Josh’s taste for meat, I also asked him whether he’d prefer becoming a vegan or working for Dave Gettleman.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle:
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.