On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I talk with Chris Andrews, director of the South Point sports book in Las Vegas. He has written a book Then One Day… with stories from his 40 years as a bookmaker in Nevada.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- How is book Then One Day… came about (3:58)
- How Chris approaches making the line, and how he treats sharp bettors (7:21)
- The teaser bet story that will make your back hurt with laughter (12:19)
- How Chris views Super Bowl favorites in the NFL, and the role of “momentum” (21:35)
- Setting the line on Ohio State vs Clemson in the CFB Playoff (31:20)
You can grab the book Then One Day… on Amazon.
I also ask Chris about the novel he’s working on that involves fixing a football game (34:45).
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.