On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, Michael Salfino, a writer whose work appears in FiveThirtyEight, The Athletic and the Wall Street Journal, joins me to talk NFL analytics.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- how to get a fantasy sports column syndicated in newspapers (5:01)
- how he initiated the Massey-Peabody football rankings (10:46)
- the approach for stopping Lamar Jackson that no team has used this year (15:07)
- the long history of the key statistic Michael uses to evaluate NFL teams (24:00)
- the teams Michael sees as primary Super Bowl contenders (28:18)
We end a with a great discussion on books, food and movies (32:06).
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.