On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Dr. Ben Baldwin. Ben was a Stanford undergrad before getting his Ph.D. in economics from UCSD.
Ben does research in football analytics and writes about it for The Athletic in covering the Seattle Seahawks. Among other topics, we discuss:
- Why Ben goes by new-age analytical on Twitter (1:51)
- Whether running sets up play action, and how this has impacted Seattle’s play calling in 2019 (4:48)
- How Seattle matches up with San Francisco on Monday night (11:08)
- How good is Aaron Rodgers in 2019? (17:49)
- Ben’s bold prediction for NFL the remainder of the season (22:14)
- The NFL’s Big Data Bowl (23:44)
Ben does amazing work, and it was great to have him on the show again. You can read his work on Aaron Rodgers and the Big Data Bowl, but you’ll need a subscription to The Athletic.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.
Leave a Reply