On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by frequent guest Kevin Cole, data scientist at Pro Football Focus. Among other topics, we discuss:
- how he used Bayesian statistics and player grades to evaluate Mahomes, Watson and Trubisky (3:34)
- what the same analysis says about offensive tackles and Laremy Tunsil in particular (9:26)
- How good is Aaron Rodgers in 2019? (18:00)
- why QBs should not necessarily minimize their interception rate (23:06)
- the intriguing AFC team that could snag a playoff bye (31:48)
We also talk about San Francisco, Cleveland and New Orleans in our conversation.
You can check out his NFL QB study here, although it does require a PFF subscription.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle:
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here. The Football Analytics Show is also available on Spotify, Google Podcasts and Stitcher.