On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I talk with Edward Egros, a professor at SMU who works at the intersection of journalism and sports analytics.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- how he built his college football model, and whether recruiting matters (6:06)
- the method SMU used to thrive in 2019 (10:57)
- the problems with Texas football, and how this compares with Alabama (14:07)
- how to find an edge betting the Dallas Cowboys (18:19)
- his sports analytics class in the SMU journalism school (27:19)
At the end, I talk about Rotten Tomatoes and picking which movies to see. Wisdom of crowds at work (37:58).
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.