On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Drew, better known as Whale Capper on Twitter. He’s a earthquake engineer that uses this technical expertise to predict the NFL.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- how he introduces variance into his NFL model, and how this informs his betting (2:42)
- science vs art in his model, and how this applies to situations (15:26)
- the team he backed last week, which didn’t go so well, but he’s looking to back again in week 7 (18:22)
- how often a team should run on 2nd and 10 (25:27)
- the team he didn’t like this preseason, and the reasons Drew has changed his mind (28:40)
- the NFL team that he likes for going over the total (34:29)
We end with a great discussion of food, Mexican food in particular (36:44).
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.