Among other topics, we discuss:
- How the Massey-Peabody model works (1:52)
- The randomness of turnovers, both in college football and the NFL (3:06 to 7:02) To check out the Nebraska study, click here.
- How Rufus deals with fast moving teams like Wisconsin and Michigan (8:30)
- Whether Rufus is betting Miami in the NFL (12:55)
- How to balance a model with subjective adjustments, with USC as an example (15:16)
- How to construct a player based model for football (19:08)
Rufus is a pioneer in data driven predictions for football, and I think you’ll really enjoy this conversation.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.
The Football Analytics Show is also available on Google Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.