On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I talk with Gadoon Kyrollos, better known as Spanky on Twitter. He’s a professional sports bettor who was recently profiled on The Ringer.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- How Spanky transitioned from the financial world to sports betting (1:53)
- His approach to sports betting; the differences with what you normally hear may surprise you (3:08)
- How sports books treat sharp bettors (12:37)
- A metaphor for the business model of different sports books (17:09)
- The Spanky test for whether you’re a good sports bettor (26:33). If you listen to any segment of this podcast, pick this one.
Spanky was incredibly generous in discussing his business, and I think you’ll find the conversation fascinating whether you bet on sports or not.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.
To check out the profile of Spanky on The Ringer, click here.