On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, Dr. Eric Eager, data scientist at Pro Football Focus, joins me to talk analytics and make predictions. Eric got his Ph.D. at the University of Nebraska Lincoln and was a professor at the University of Wisconsin La Crosse.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- whether you need a Ph.D. to do data science in 2019 (7:30)
- how PFF makes predictions based on charting grades (9:17)
- the predictive stat for quarterbacks relevant to Tom Brady vs Pat Mahomes (23:28)
- how to evaluate pass rush better than looking at sacks (30:38)
- the frontier in football analytics that most excites Eric (35:50)
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle:
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.