On this episode of The Football Analytics, I talk with Drew, who goes by Whale Capper on Twitter. He uses his background in earthquake engineering to handicap NFL games.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- How preparing buildings for earthquakes translates to predicting NFL games (3:09)
- How the total can help you find value on a side (7:54)
- How Drew uses numbers to find value in the NFL markets, an approach I wholeheartedly endore (12:20)
- The volatile NFL team that hits the road for their next playoff game (17:23)
- The one player who has befuddled Whale Capper over the past 2 seasons (25:21)
The breakdown of the NFL Divisional Playoff games start at 9:20.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.
In the last section, Drew and I talk about having dinner with Isaac Newton (31:08). This reminds me the Cosmos episode that tells the amazing story of his collaboration with Edmund Halley. To watch this episode, click here.
Thank you for placing time stamps on the highlights of the podcast.