On this episode of The Football Analytics, I talk with Drew, who goes by Whale Capper on Twitter. He uses his background in earthquake engineering to handicap NFL games.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- How preparing buildings for earthquakes translates to predicting NFL games (3:09)
- How the total can help you find value on a side (7:54)
- How Drew uses numbers to find value in the NFL markets, an approach I wholeheartedly endore (12:20)
- The volatile NFL team that hits the road for their next playoff game (17:23)
- The one player who has befuddled Whale Capper over the past 2 seasons (25:21)
The breakdown of the NFL Divisional Playoff games start at 9:20.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on Apple Podcasts, click here.
In the last section, Drew and I talk about having dinner with Isaac Newton (31:08). This reminds me the Cosmos episode that tells the amazing story of his collaboration with Edmund Halley. To watch this episode, click here.