On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I’m joined by Bud Elliott of SB Nation. He’s also the founder of Tomahawk Nation and hosts The Nolecast podcast.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- How Bud made a name for himself through a Florida State prediction (5:28)
- How to make success rate an even better efficiency metric (12:15)
- His process for picking games for his college football betting column (13:45)
- How a simple metric identifies national title contenders 3 months ago (20:18)
- The Malcolm Gladwell book that informs his coverage of recruiting (37:00)
With such a wide range of college football knowledge, Bud was a must listen guest.
At the end, I give my own book recommendations. I forgot to mention that both books are relatively easy reads, good for sneaking in quality literature during busy times.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
Leave a Reply