The secret of all victory lies in the organization of the non-obvious.
Marcus Aurelius, Roman emperor
On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, Michael Lombardi, former GM of the Cleveland Brown and assistant coach in New England, joins me to discuss his new book Gridiron Genius.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- The lessons he learned from Bill Walsh and Bill Belichick on building a culture (2:43)
- Jim Harbaugh’s overwhelming personality trait, and how he’s doing with the culture at Michigan (5:53)
- How information and analytics get used for decision making in the NFL (8:50)
- The overlooked traits in evaluating offensive linemen and cornerbacks (15:54)
- How bettors can use his book to find an edge (17:22)
I highly recommend reading Gridiron Genius, a well written book from an NFL insider.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
Leave a Reply