On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I talk with Ben Baldwin, an economics Ph.D. who covers the Seattle Seahawks for The Athletic.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- whether running the ball sets up play action passing in the NFL (3:49)
- what analytics thinks of Seahawks safety Earl Thomas (13:00)
- whether to use yards per carry or success rate to evaluate running backs
- the NFL team to fade the remainder of the season (21:25)
- the one reason Ben wants to have dinner with Bill Belichick (26:07)
I look forward to the day when every NFL team has someone like Ben covering the analytics perspective. Follow him on Twitter here.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.