On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, Rob Pizzola, a data driven sports bettor, joins me to talk football and hockey analytics.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- what drove him to take a numbers based approach to betting (1:34)
- the frustrations of running a tout site (6:40)
- how to build a model for the NFL (9:45)
- the next generation hockey statistic Rob uses for the NHL (23:44)
- the problem and solution for evaluating goalies (26:48)
Rob brought an honest and open perspective to his work, and he even offered help to those with questions.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
Ronald C says
Really good episode here! I enjoyed hearing his thoughts about the NFL model.