On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, David Hale, writer at ESPN, joins me to talk college football. I invited him on the show to talk about the analytics of turnovers, but he also had some great betting insights.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- How game situation impacts turnovers (11:42)
- The type of defense that struggles to force turnovers
- The catastrophe of Florida State football, and whether to back or fade them
- How turnovers impact the point spread in blow out games (27:42)
- The difference between Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney that affects games with big point spreads (28:58)
Everyone should read his article on turnovers in college football.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.
brian d says
Great show Ed, found it extremely interesting! Brian
Dr. Ed Feng says
Thanks, Brian. David was an awesome guest.