On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I talk with Aaron Schatz, founder of Football Outsiders and pioneer in football analytics. He recently released his Football Outsiders Almanac that previews the 2018 season.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- The shocking preseason rank for Cleveland’s defense
- The hidden reason for the success of New England and Baltimore
- How to deal with the small sample size of Jimmy Garappolo
- The reason why the Indianapolis defense had talent last year
- Why we expect Jacksonville’s pass defense to decline beyond simple regression
I highly recommend checking out the Almanac, especially for the writing on all 32 NFL teams and the top 50 college football teams.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.