On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I talk with Colin Davy, director of data science at The Action Network. In discussing the Masters (yes, the first appearance of golf on this site), we discuss the following:
- The algorithm he developed based on Markov chains to rank tennis players
- Whether a thick or thin playbook leads to better offense in football
- How to apply the tennis algorithm to golf
- The difficulty in predicting Tigers Woods at the Masters
- The one golfer to keep an eye on this weekend
Colin is an exceptional data scientist, and I’ll know you’ll discussion of the Masters. You can check out all of the Masters content at the Action Network by clicking here.
To listen to the show on iTunes, click here.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.