On this episode of the podcast, Adam Stanco, producer on the Pac-12 Network and hoops expert, joins me to break down the teams that can win the 2018 NCAA tournament.
We focus on primary contenders because the choice of champion is the most important choice you will make in filling out your bracket.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- The flaw that might hamper Villanova
- How much NBA talent does Virginia have on its team?
- The reason why Duke’s zone defense might work
- How Duke’s defense rank has changed since going to the zone, and why it might be a fluke
- Can Cincinnati score enough to win 6 games?
This is part 1 of my conversation with Adam. In Part 2, we will break down another set of teams that could win the tournament.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen on the site, click on the right pointing triangle.
[…] Part 1, we discussed Virginia, Villanova, Duke and Cincinnati. In this Part 2, we get into these […]
[…] The article also highlighted Virginia, a team the committee deemed the number one overall seed but didn’t make the top 25 in either preseason poll. Before the tournament started, I had questioned whether Virginia had the NBA level talent necessary to win the tournament. […]