On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, Professor Cade Massey from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania joins me to talk the NFL playoffs. We have a wide ranging discussion that includes:
- The predictor that gets the most weight in the Massey-Peabody model
- The surprising predictor that still gets included this late in the NFL season
- How New England’s defense excels, and how they’re really terrible
- How to adjust for absence of Carson Wentz
- The game in which Massey-Peabody takes a different side from The Power Rank’s prediction
You can check out all the good work Cade does at Massey-Peabody. We also discuss this fine article by Bill Connelly on the randomness of big plays.
After the interview, I have my own segment on passing and rushing in the NFL, and the statistic with which 8 of 12 playoff teams really struggle. Listen at 34:23.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle:
Leave a Reply