On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, Dave Bartoo, college football numbers guy that goes by CFB Matrix, joins me to talk about the championship games with playoff implications. Among other topics, we discuss:
- How he got his start using recruiting rankings to predict games
- How his efficiency rankings for offense and defense work
- Auburn, Gus Malzahn and the pace of play
- The match ups that matter in Wisconsin vs Ohio State
- Why Fresno State matters for the college football playoff
We recorded before the committee revealed their rankings on Tuesday night, which I think enhances some of the predictions Dave made about the playoff.
You can learn more about and support Dave’s work on his Patreon site.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.