On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, Kevin Cole, a data scientist for football predictions, joins me to discuss his points added model for NFL skill players. Check out his work over at his site Predictive Football.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- How the data on air yards, or how far the ball travels in the air, allows Kevin to break down contributions between quarterback and receiver
- How one might use this calculation to adjust for injuries
- The distinction between quarterbacks and running backs by points added
- Why Bills QB Tyrod Taylor is rated so highly
- Why Baker Mayfield could be a historically great QB prospect
After the interview, I have my own segment on the total in Oklahoma State at Iowa State. There’s an intriguing story why it’s so low. Listen at 31:58.
To listen to this episode on iTunes, click here.
To listen here on the site, click on the right pointing triangle.