On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, Bob Stoll, founder of Dr. Bob Sports and true analytics pioneer, joins me for a wide ranging conversation. Bob has been using analytics in his handicapping for 30 years.
Among other topics, we discuss the following:
- How Bob first started running numbers on the NFL, and how different it was back then
- The definition of a tout, and why Bob chooses to show his long term record
- How Bob makes player adjustments for his college football model
- The machine learning method he is applying to the NFL
- Whether linebackers or defensive backs are more important to the defense
After the interview, I have my own segment on the Pittsburgh Steelers and where they rank in my member numbers. Listen at 32:58.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle.