On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I talk with Matthew Holt, the Chief Operating Officer at CG Technologies and the guy who sets the opening lines in Nevada. Among other topics, we discuss:
- How sportsbooks use analytics to set market values
- How much gathering injury data has changed the past 12 years
- The markets that Matthew suggests for finding value
- The subjective adjustments that sportsbooks and bettors must make to the numbers
- The crazy odds for the New York Jets under 4.5 wins this NFL preseason
Matthew was a joy to talk with and even offered his help to anyone interested in getting into the sports world.
After the interview, I discuss my predicted total in Texas Tech at West Virginia and the pass defense of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Listen at 36:02.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen on the site, click on the right pointing triangle.