On this episode of The Football Analytics Show, I welcome Drew Martin from Sports Book Review. He’s also my co-host on the new show Man vs Machine, where we contrast his football based approach to handicapping with my numbers.
Among other topics, we discuss:
- Why he decided to leave JP Morgan to enter the sports world
- How being a first team all county QB at a Florida high school helps his handicapping
- His process for studying teams from the Sun Belt, Conference USA and the MAC
- How the show Man vs Machine originated
- The Florida team Drew thinks will have value in the markets
After the interview, I do my own segment on small sample size, and how it might affect the NFL games you want to watch in Week 2. Listen at 22:30.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen here, click on the right pointing triangle: