On this week’s episode of the Football Analytics Show, I talk with Kevin Cole, data scientist and writer with Roto Viz and Fantasy Labs. Among other topics, we discuss the following:
- The unusual but straight forward path Kevin took into football analytics.
- The four variables that matter in predicting running back performance in the NFL.
- What small sample size says about Deshaun Watson versus Mitch Trubisky.
- Why the combine doesn’t matter in predicting wide receivers.
- Kevin’s bold prediction for the 2017 NFL draft, which involves a quarterback.
I also really enjoyed Kevin’s favorite book, as it showed his depth of thought on topics far from sports analytics.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen on the site, click on the right pointing triangle.