On this episode of the Football Analytics Show, John Urschel, lineman for the Baltimore Ravens and Ph.D. candidate in mathematics at MIT, joins me for a wide ranging conversation. Topics include:
- The NFL’s progress in using video tracking data
- The football analytics problem John is working on
- The acoustic operator in those Bose commercials with J.J. Watt
- The breadth of math research in which John is engaged
- The hidden factor in his success as an NFL lineman
John is an amazing human being, and I hope you enjoy this episode.
You also might be interested in an interview I did with John 3 years ago before he got drafted by the NFL.
To listen on iTunes, click here.
To listen here, click on the triangle.